ADVERT

14 November 2019

TAFFIE HANY THE MILLENNIAL MAKE UP ARTIST IN UGANDA

I believe in being an independent woman and not depending on men because anything can happen, That's why I need to  have my back when things fall apart 


"I believe in being an independent woman and not depending on men because anything can happen, That's why I need to  have my back when things fall apart "

When I was growing up the world was mostly male-dominated, Our mothers where mostly depending on our fathers and there was nothing we could do about it because that was the culture by then but when the millennial era came, it came with a lot of opportunities, only a blind person could not see the revolution, from feminism to gender equality, tax free zones, youth development fund, liberal thoughts and the most important social media and so many other factor, I could not see myself fail.

My childhood was so artistic, I was around handy people most times and I was captivated by the imagination, love and time they put in their work, it was not about money for them but the satisfaction of the clients look and that gave me really warmth and inspiration to think and come up with concept for my own business however it was hard at first to set up anything, I did not have the money, the kind of friends that I was with thought men where the only way out. Its like marriage was the only thing on the plate for girls or get out of misery card but I saw that option as a way to misery in the first place, 

"I do not believe in being anyone's baggage and my thought of marriage was I need to be supportive and the only way to do that is to be able both financially, physically and mentally prepared for that man who will take me as his wife and that's why I had to work on me first"

In the quest for my dream, looking for money to save to start up my business in the busy streets of Kampala with blessings coming from many places,My parents decided to back me up after seeing my determination and  my strategy had to change completely,  I had to re-visualize, aim and shoot at the future with one bullet because now I had the motivation with me and that was my parents. The responsibility grew and am thankful my parents were there to support me through and into this new phase of my life.

I managed to gather some capital and by that time I had got a business idea that would work for me and had confidence in it and it was something that was starting to pop in the city especially among the ladies and that was the facial makeup but this was not any ordinary makeup, It was the type of makeup that would transform your looks from a darling to an angel and when I tried it the first time, I was so good at it as if I was doing it for a long time and I knew that was my gift, from a few thousand shillings capital and a door to door service as my first project to now worth millions, I have never looked back nor regretted my decision to stand up and be an independent young woman.


A wise lady once told me "my daughter, youthfulness comes with the blessings of strength while oldness comes with the blessings of restfulness, use each stage appropriately".

When I look at where I started and where my business has reached at my young age from a simple facial makeup artist in people's homes to having my own full-time ladies make up studio with a range of services from bridal makeup, manicure, pedicure and many more within a busy capital city seemed impossible to many people but not to me.

My advice to my fellow young ladies outside there, I know legit hard work is not your thing for some of you but everything has a price it comes with, A wise lady once told me "my daughter, youthfulness comes with the blessings of strength while oldness comes with the blessings of restfulness, use each stage appropriately".

Tafleh Salim's true story.





No comments:

ADVERTISEMENT

ON FUCUS

WOMEN AND SOCIAL MEDIA HARASSMENT: The Empowering Internet Safety Guide for Women

" Women are often targeted simply because they are women. Attacks are often sexualized or misogynistic, and rhetoric tends to focus o...

NYUMBANI POPULAR POST

Translate lauguage

Pageviews

EXTRA BLOG POST